Friday, September 16, 2011

New beginning for my wonderful Broodmare


My wonderful mare Silver Prinzess* is moving to her new home tomorrow evening, in Loomis, CA. She will be co co-owned by two wonderful ladies who I have known for over 13 years and I could not be happier for her to go to such a wonderful farm and people.
She will be dearly missed.
For the last five years she had given me three amazing foals, each of which are turning out to be lovely horses and showing all the best traits of their dam. For the first time in over three years I am finally lucky enough to have all my horses stabled in one place and it has been a much cherished time watching the mama and her two daughters play and groom one another in the pasture. Her last foal Wintz Charming (Folly, born April 1st!) has also enjoyed having mum back! Tomorrow will be a tough day for us to say goodbye!
I have all the foals I could have ever wished for and will be excited to see her next offspring!
She is the best mum and deserves to do what she does the best.
I purchased her after she had injured her stifle and had always wanted a broodmare, and have always had a soft spot for Greys! She truly has made all my dreams come true! I hope she continues to do so in her new home, for her new owners. I love you mama, make more beautiful babies and live happily ever after!

1 comment:

  1. Good broodmares are to be cherished. How fortunate to have found a great home for her. Good luck with her foals Tracy.

    ReplyDelete