Monday, September 26, 2011

Ethics and other stuff

I am re-vamping the new facility, that has sat dormant for a few years. In the process I'm learning carpentry 101!
I am really appreciative of the huge amount of help from my hard working, supportive friends. The precious technical advice from the Contractor who is working on the Guest house has been huge. His best advice is , " If it's not fun, Tracy, then you won't want to do it!"
How true this statement is at this point in my life.
This brings me to ethics of Dressage Training and Competition.
So often I see horses being pushed a bit too much in the warm up arena by my peers. You see the Amateur and Junior riders trying so hard, to reproduce what their trainers seem to so easily produce, from their mounts.
I personally refuse to over face my students and horses, sometimes to my own demise!
Since it's not easy for us to admit when we are not quite up to the level, yet.
It seems almost an insult to hear. We all work very hard on our sport.
But as a wise Carpenter recently said, 'If it's not fun, you won't want to do it! "
So let's work hard and have fun! Then we can rest easy knowing that there is always another day, another show and that our horses will try harder for us, if we ride them with the compassion and respect that they deserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment